Koç University (KU), founded in 1993 is a not-for- profit university with a total student population of 6000+ and 400 faculty members (ratio of 12:1). The academic offering comprises 22 undergraduate programs; 30 master degrees and 18 PhD in
• Sciences and Engineering
• Social Sciences and Humanities
• Business and Administrative Sciences • Health Sciences
The university has successfully introduced undergraduate double majors to extend an interdisciplinary approach beyond research. As a result 9% of the 2014 class graduated with double majors. Koç University invites partner universities to experience this center of excellence. Koç University developed a global network of over 200 partners, 53% of which are ranked in the top 100 universities worldwide. The aim is to further develop a selective network of Strategic Partners based on joint research and publications; symposium and workshops; and joint/dual degrees.
• Among the top three universities in Turkey in terms of publications per faculty and citation record
• Over 400 externally funded active research projects
• Over $50 Million in funding received for active re search partnerships
• Ranked 1st in Turkey for number of awards given to young researchers by the Turkish Academy of Sciences
With a graduate admission rate of 7%, Koç University aims to attract the best students from Turkey and abroad. At undergraduate level 84% of students currently come from the top 3% in Turkey (according to national university entry exam scores).
These students learn and work with Faculty and succeed in producing high impact research and post-doctoral placements. 95% of all full-time faculty hold doctoral degrees from leading universities in the United States and Europe.
Top 10 research clusters at Koç University:
• Molecular Medicine / Molecular Biology and Genetics / Nano medicine
• Computational Biology / Bioinformatics
• Biomedical Visualization / Photonics / Optics /Optical Microsystems
• ICT / Broadband and Wireless Networking
• Energy / Clean Energy
• Archaeology / Art-History
• Social Policy Research / Psychology of Children and Family
• Migration / International Relations
• Cognitive Psychology / Neuroscience
• Creative design / Human-Machine interaction /Creative industries